Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Dash of cinnamon
- Splash of vanilla
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
Combine milk, pumpkin puree, yogurt, maple syrup, pie spice, cinnamon, vanilla, banana and chia seeds in blender and blend until smooth.
Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pour the oats into a food processor and pulse until ground.
Combine ground oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips, ground flax and honey into a bowl and stir to combine. Place bowl into the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. This will make the bites easier to roll.
Roll into 12 bites and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Gluten Free Coconut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 oz 80% dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add add in beaten egg, melted and cooled coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract. Next add in almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and cinnamon, mixing well to combine and form a dough. Fold in dark chocolate chunks. Use hands if necessary.
- Use a large tablespoon to drop dough onto ungreased baking sheet. Gently flatten the dough. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden brown. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finishing cooling. Makes 12 cookies.
*These cookies are Gluten free, dairy free and nut free..oh and delicious!
Quick and Easy Hummus!
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons water
- Dash of oregano for serving
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tahini and lemon juice and process for 1 minute.
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the tahini and lemon juice. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process another 30 seconds or until well blended.
- Open, drain, and rinse the chickpeas. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, then add remaining chickpeas and process until thick and quite smooth; 1 to 2 minutes.
- If the hummus is too thick for your liking then you can add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water until you reach the perfect consistency.
- Taste for salt and adjust as needed. Serve hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and dash oregano. Store hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one week.